Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Face of the Day: August 2, 2011

(Sorry about the messy hair...)


Hi Everyone :)

Today is back to work day (well actually just back to work in the office since I worked from home during the long weeked). Needless to say, I was pretty sleepy this morning being the night owl that I am. I can't seem to sleep earlier but I know I need more sleep. Don't be like me, the greatest beauty secret has always been to get a good night's sleep! I have even heard once that when Penelope Cruze was asked what's her beauty secret, she answered very simply, sleep. Okay, I digress, the point is that skincare is crucial for me because I have pretty sensitive skin.

So today's look was more about prepping the skin and keeping the rest pretty minimal. You can consider this my no-makeup makeup look :) I regularly default to this if I haven't had enough sleep and just can't seem to wake up early enough to spend more time on my makeup. I really hate this since doing my makeup is one of the best parts of my day, so even if just a little, I always make the effort to do a little something something ;) It's therapeutic and the one time of day that I feel is completely for me.

On to the look! --

For Skincare ie. Prep, please see my previous post here.

Face:
- MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation in NC40
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-5
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Medium to Dark Bisque
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Cream (Light 4-5)
- Chanel Bronze Universal (bronzer and acting as a bronze-y blush as well today)
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Rich Vanilla (light dusting to set cream products)

Eyes:
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadaow Base
- MAC Vintage Selection Paint Pot
- Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Rebel (lines the out half of the top lash line and outer third of lower lash line, blended out. Used fingers to smudge a bit in the outer corner of the top lid to add definition)
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara in Excessive Black

Lips:
- Milani HD Advanced Lip Color in Romantic Rose (definitely a 'your-lips-but-better' color)

Quick Tip :) : When you don't feel like using blush, blend your bronzer very light upwards so that it sits more in the middle of your cheeks (where your blush usually would be) rather than the hollows to create the effect of bronze-y blush. This is great for those in a rush but would rather not neglect their cheeks. Just remember that the bronzer will seem to mix with the natural flush of your cheeks to enhance the color, and make it look like you're wearing both bronzer and blush! This is often why I may forget blush, but I never forget bronzer ;)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment