Thursday, February 9, 2012
Face of the Day - February 8, 2012 - Taupe Series: "Lazy TAUPE"
I'm going to start a taupe series. Why? Because that's all people seem to be talking about these days and honestly, I don't blame them. Not only is it an easy hue to wear but it also seems to go with absolutely everything, whether I'm wearing my extremely casual (almost home-like) outfit to my office, or dressed up for a night out with the bf. And the beauty of this look is...there's almost nothing to it. This was one of those 5 minute things that I did being in a hurry for work :) (currently trying to catch up on posts)
As always sorry about the picture, one its the end of the day and I just look worn out and two, lighting :(
On to the look --
- MAC Vibrancy Eye Primer (under the eyes - I always seem to forget this in my posts but it's really always there for me)
- Bobbi Brown Correctors in Bisque (under eyes) and Medium to Dark Bisque (redness around the nose - there hasn't been much in the way of spots lately thanks to my clarisonic :). )
- MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation (dusted all over to set the correctors)
- Benefit Hervana Box Powder
- NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
- Chanel Single Eyeshadow in Fauve
- Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Perversion (tightline)
- Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Mascara
Nothing - just some kinda lip balm :)
Quick Tip :) : If you're a concealer wearer, primer the under eyes can be just as important as on the lids. When putting down the primer for your eyeshadow, try patting down a bit under the eyes too, it will help your concealer from creasing and wearing away quickly.
First post being done almost entirely on my phone, still trying to decide whether I like this Blogger app...