Friday, February 3, 2012

Face of the Day: February 3, 2012 - "Daily Inspiration"




Hi Everyone :)

So I'm back at this (well hopefully.) I actually meant to do a couple of posts in January to start the year off right, but you know how it is sometimes. But I think above all, I'm doing these posts again for myself. Makeup is definitely the thing I do everyday for myself. It's my "me-time" and when I don't give myself that time on certain days (I'm not a morning person), the day definitely doesn't start the way I want it to.

Inspired by a couple of YouTube gurus that I've been watching for years (michele1218 & lisasz09), the following look and format of the posts will reflect this.

On to the look --

Face:
- Chanel Vitalumiere in 40 Beige mixed with Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel (40 Beige is slightly dark for me in winter so the sheer illuminating base lightens it a bit)
- MAC Vibrancy Eye Primer (under the eyes)
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Bisque (under the eyes) & Medium to Dark Bisque (any spots on the face)
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Light 4-5
- Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder Foundation (to set) in 270


Cheeks:
- Lancome's Maison Lancome (2011 Limited Edition) blush
- Benefit It's a 10 (future post coming up about this beautiful little thing)

Eyes:
- NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
- MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot & Wet n Wild single shadow in Brulee (this combination happens before all the colors)
- Physician's Formula Baked Collection Eyeshadows in Baked Oatmeal
- shimmer light taupe on the inner half of the lid
- dark brown blended into the crease and blended slightly upwards on the outer corner
- champagne as highlight
- MAC Eye Kohl in Blooz (lines the top lid)
- Milani Liquif'Eye in 01 Black (tightline upper lid)
- Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara (I like this a lot better than the Blackest Lashes formula because I prefer wetter mascara formulas)

Lips:
- Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee

Fragrance:
- Prada Candy
(I don't usually do this but somehow this look really suited this scent in my mind)





Quick Tip :) : Layering your eyeshadows will make them last longer (a great trick for wedding makeup), so it's actually a great idea to not only primer your lids but also put down a cream base & a powder base color before all the colors begin.

So some notes before ending this post:
- I will be doing some reviews (hopefully this will include the ones I said I would in the first place...)
- I might start some 'Current Favorites' or 'Monthly Favorites' posts
- Seriously considering a Project 10 (or even 20!) Pan (I have accumulated an insane amount of makeup in the last couple of years and not that I think it's a problem because I rarely regret my purchases due to always doing research and testing samples first, but it would be nice to really give some of these products some love before venturing into new ones)
- Despite my note above, I NEED to try the new MAC Tendertones that are going to be repromoted on February 9, 2012. These first released before I started doing makeup so I really feel like I missed out!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Therefore let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!
    BAM Classic 8001S Guitar Case - Blue

    ReplyDelete